cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change system mtu jumbo 9000 and reload single switches in stack separately

Shane Bradley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750 2 X switch stack. I need to change the "system mtu jumbo" from 1500 to 9000. When I issue the command "system mtu jumbo 9000" I see the message "Changes to the system jumbo MTU will not take effect until the next reload is done". What I really want to know is can I reload the switches one at a time and still have the mtu jumbo change to 9000 or do I have to reload the switch as a whole?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can reload individually just make sure you reload them all as this command effects each physical interface so you could end up with some ports working and others not for jumbo traffic anyway

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can reload individually just make sure you reload them all as this command effects each physical interface so you could end up with some ports working and others not for jumbo traffic anyway

Hi Mark

Thank you for the reply. Yes I will reload both switches. We currently only have two switches per stack as we are a smaller company.

I have been in I.T. for 20 yrs. and really starting to focus on Cisco - R&S, Wireless, UCS because of the position I took. I love doing the leg work so it's awesome to see that I can count on the forums to help me.

Thank you.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have a 3750 2 X switch stack. I need to change the "system mtu jumbo" from 1500 to 9000. When I issue the command "system mtu jumbo 9000" I see the message "Changes to the system jumbo MTU will not take effect until the next reload is done". What I really want to know is can I reload the switches one at a time and still have the mtu jumbo change to 9000 or do I have to reload the switch as a whole?

Thanks

Hi,

Just an add on point ~ System MTU setting is saved in environmental variable in NVRAM and correct effective after reboot.You can reload each switch after manual configuration of each switch.

Hope that Help..

-GI

Rate if it Helps

Daniel Castro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shane,

Could you finally reboot individually every stack switch in order to apply the MTU?

Thanks.