cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIS 7.0 ODBC Driver error msg: "IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

hiram.hernandez
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the CIS 7.0 ODBC driver in a windows machine, both 32 and 64 versions.

I can query multiple views that are published, however recently i created a view that is composed of a stored procedure whose output resultset is joined to tables coming from a Oracle DB. Then i published the view and tried to query it from various clients, with ODBC and JDBC (Tableau, Spotfire, Excel, SQLWorkbench).

For most of the cases when tried to connect via ODBC 64 and 32 I got this message "IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection", during the first seconds of the execution. There will be few attempts where ODBC worked

When i tried to use JDBC, the view was able to return results normally

See attachments for details

1 Reply 1

hiram.hernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Managed to solve this by myself, the problem with the address i was using to connect to CIS, it was a VPN'ed grid. I got a direct address to the server from my Data Virtualization team and i could finally solve this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: