Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Intersight Critical Alert for Cluster Disk Capacity 76%

Hello,

We have an HyperFlex systems with 5 nodes HXAF240C-M5SX and 85TB of total storage with 59.5TB already in use (Data Replication Factor 3)In UCS Manager and Cisco HyperFlex Connect, all appears healthy, however we have a Critical Alert in Cisco Intersight, in the Hyperflex cluster health summary: "Cluster disk capacity will reach 76% in 41 days", and I need to confirm if it's a real critical alert and why?

Thanks in advance,

Omar De Souza.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that's Intersight's way of of getting your attention, and getting you to address a potentially large problem, before it actually becomes a large problem

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Intersight is analyzing your current usage trends, and expects you to hit 76% utilization in the near future.

As all the converged nodes contribute to usable space, Hyperflex has to avoid scenarios where you can no longer take a node outage , such as what would be required for upgrades, etc.

Also, when the usage gets that high, you also see more aggressive cpu/i/o for the cleaner processes that are trying to remove the deleted data, still pending permanent deletion.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/hyperconverged-infrastructure/hyperflex-hx-series/white-paper-c11-744026.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/hyperconverged-infrastructure/hyperflex-hx-series/white-paper-c11-744026.html#Spaceusageseffectonperformance 

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your answer.

I understand the configuration, I would like to know why for Cisco HyperFlex Connect my system is "Healthy" (69%) and it only will show a "warning" when the capacity is 76% and why for Cisco Intersight there is a Critical Alert in red when I'm in 69%, that is a “critical alert” telling me that “in the future” the system will reach a “warning” percentage of 76%.

Omar De Souza.

Yes, that's Intersight's way of of getting your attention, and getting you to address a potentially large problem, before it actually becomes a large problem

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: