cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 1.3 Virtual Domains not visible

tvancamp6
Level 1
Level 1

We recently noticed in our Cisco Prime Infrastructure VM that when viewing virtual domains or creating new virtual domains no devices, maps, or anything associated with the domain are visible. I did some testing and found that this only affects users associated to the ROOT-domain and if I add a test user to another previously configured domain, then I am able to see the devices associated with that domain. Since users in the ROOT-domain cannot view any devices in the other configured domains, we are unable to create new virtual domains or change existing domains. I've attached a screenshot of the virtual domains as a user logged in under the ROOT-domain and a separate screenshot that shows a user logged in under a non-ROOT-domain viewing the same virtual domain as the ROOT-domain user from the previous screenshot and you can see that devices are visible for the non-ROOT-domain user. Just wondering if anyone has come across this issue as it seems like a bug or database corruption. We do run a background task to do a NCS cleanup weekly.

Here is the version information:

Cisco Prime Network Control System
------------------------------------------
Version : 1.3.0.20
Patch: Cisco Prime Network Control System Version: Update.4.16

2 Replies 2

telematique
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem but with the vesion 2.1.

This discussion has been reposted from Additional Communities to the Cisco Prime Network Services Controller community.