Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Configuration Archive

luke.brooker1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My organisation uses Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.0 and i am interested in leveraging it to backup /archive our device configurations. We have around 300 (Cisco) Switches and Routers in Cisco Prime. Some of these devices are having their configuration archived by Cisco Prime, but many are not. Is there a way to get Prime to show me a list of all devices (Switches and Routers) and the associated Configuration Archive Job for them, so i can identify which devices are having their config archived (and by which archive job) and which devices are not.

Thanks,

- Luke

2 Replies 2

dperowne
Level 1
Level 1

Under Inventory > Device Management > Configuration Archive you can see device and archive date and then under Archives tab you can see which job was run to obtain each particular archive in the description column. This will most likely show you the original scheduled archive job and date on the archive name (probably whenever it was set up the first time). If you want them to bring in every device, you select them all under Devices tab and Schedule Archive again.

Alternatively, edit the existing schedule under Administration > Job Dashboard > User Jobs > Configuration Archive.

Where can I find the backup? I am looking for running-config or startup-config?

I wanted to restore it but I have an error 3600 time-out. So I can’t do it from dashboard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: