cisco prime error-backup file transfer

laura1
Level 1
Level 1

I need help with an error that I'm getting on Cisco Prime:

ERROR : Backup file transfer failed due to invalid repository
configuration or insufficient disk space in the given repository or
the repository is not writable

Has anyone else had this error or know how to fix it? Prime is new to me, and I'm still trying to figure it out.

10 Replies 10

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are using SFTP/FTP/NFS mechanism for backup to your remote repository, please confirm you can reach the same IP/FQDN from another server/client with the same credentials, and confirm you can create files at the remote SFTP/FTP/NFS server.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/backup_restore.html#93836

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hi Kirk, yes I can reach the FTP location from another source...and it is working.

I also have an ISE instance that uses the same FTP server for backup - and this works but not the prime backups.

Is there a CLI command I can try from inside Prime for back-ups?

I have managed to resolve the issue: recreated the FTP repository link location and the back-up ran without an issue.

Eric Boers
Level 1
Level 1

Prime Version 3.5

Using ssh or sftp in the cli to access the remote storage is no problem at all and have 70 GB free of diskspace.

It is also possible to write to the folder!

-show repository mybackup give the message: % User authentication error.

I deleted and made the repository again but did not solve the issue.

In shell editing the etc/ssh/sshd_config file by adding "PasswordAuthentication yes" and restarting the sshd service was not helping either.

ERROR : Backup file transfer failed due to invalid repository configuration or insufficient disk space in the given repository or the repository is not writable

% User authentication error

TAC case in progress

Hi Eric,

Same issue here.

Let me know if its fixed , if yes let me know how.

Regards

Binny

Hi Eric,

Is this issue solved?

I have the same issue.

1. Unable to create Prime backup on external repository (SFTP server)
  2. Prime is running on version 3.x and on HA.
  3. Tried creating a backup on internal repository(Default Repository)- Successful.
  4. Getting an error “ERROR : Backup file transfer failed due to invalid repository configuration or insufficient disk space in the given repository or the repository is not writable
  5. Checked the Firewall port for SFTP is opened or not- Its permit all, No ports are blocked.
  6. Checked the disk space, No  issue on the disk space on the SFTP server, since ACS is also getting backed up on the same external SFTP sever.
  7. Deleted the repository and re-create the new external repository on Prime, Triggered a new backup- No luck.

Regards

Binny

Yes, got the same issue's.  Rebuild the repo in GUI and CLI , checked all rights to read and write on the external server and even in the root of Prime we could connect to the remote server, but not in combination with a repository.  Spend hours with TAC to check everything and edit lot of internal config files ,but did not solve the issue so the only method left was using external FTP instead.

Hi Eric,

Appreciate your response on this.

Was there any BUG filed for this?

What was the Prime version you were running on?

Regards

Binny

Hi Binny,

Version was 3.4.
There was no bug registered for this case.

wlcuser
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue with Prime 3.4, i tried to make a backup to the repository (ftp) several times, the transfer always stops at 3,5GB with the described message from laura.

I can transfer larger files from another device in the same subnet where the prime is to the FTP-Server without problems, only prime stps the transfer at 3,5GB.

I wanted to do an upgrade to Prime 3.6 and it drives me crazy.

Regards

Wolfgang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: