Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Customize Alarm Notification for Specific Device Group for Specific Email Reciepient

With Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1, is it possible to configure customization for alarm notification policies.

I checked and noticed that Prime 3.3 is able to configure as below requirement:

You can add a new alarm notification policy or edit an existing alarm notification policy to send notifications on specific alarms of interest that are generated on particular device groups, to specific recipients: either email recipients or northbound trap receivers or both. Below is the link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/admin/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfastructure_3_3_AdminGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfastructure_3_3_AdminGuide_chapter_0111.html#task_1235457

I would like to do a similar approach but I am unable to find any guide on the same for Prime 3.1

Prime Infrastructure               3.1.0
Lifecycle 267 Devices
Data Center Prime Data Center Unlicensed
Data Center Hypervisor Prime Data Center Hypervisor Unlicensed
Assurance 267 Devices
Collector 20000 Fps
Build                                     3.1.0.0.132
Updates

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Customize Alarm Notification for Specific Device Group for Specific Email Reciepient

Greetings.

the 3.2 release notes list that feature as a 'new' feature at the 3.2 level.

I would interpret that to mean you have to be running 3.2 or later to have that feature.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-2/release/notes/cpi_rn.pdf

Notification Policy—The Notification policy allows you to customize notifications on alarms, device groups or network areas and recipients. You can create policies that can send notifications on specific alarms of interest that are generated on particular device groups to specific recipient groups. You can add the Email and Northbound Trap Receiver with the alarm notification destination to which alarm should be notified.

Thanks,

Kirk...

1 REPLY 1
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Customize Alarm Notification for Specific Device Group for Specific Email Reciepient

Greetings.

the 3.2 release notes list that feature as a 'new' feature at the 3.2 level.

I would interpret that to mean you have to be running 3.2 or later to have that feature.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-2/release/notes/cpi_rn.pdf

Notification Policy—The Notification policy allows you to customize notifications on alarms, device groups or network areas and recipients. You can create policies that can send notifications on specific alarms of interest that are generated on particular device groups to specific recipient groups. You can add the Email and Northbound Trap Receiver with the alarm notification destination to which alarm should be notified.

Thanks,

Kirk...

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards