Views
Helpful
Replies

config-sync issue in Nexus5K

lukaszkhalil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a topology with two NX5k configured with VPC. I run the 5.0(2)N2(1) software.

In my configuration I filter the vlans that are running on the VPC port-channels. Right now I am trying to add a new vlan to the VPC with the confg-sync feature.

The problem is that the verification process returns me the error "mutual-exclusion checks".

Does anybody know if it is possible to add a vlan to the port-channel with the config sync feature ?

Thank you in advance for any answer.

Regards

Lukas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

You get this message when you have a configuration under your running-configuration (show run) already and you try to add this in conf sync mode.

You need to import your existing running configuration in the switch profile.

You can add a vlan with config sync in the port-channel, however the port-channel needs to have been created in config sync or imported from your configuration.

Here is the config-sync operation guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/operations/n5k_config_sync_ops.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

You get this message when you have a configuration under your running-configuration (show run) already and you try to add this in conf sync mode.

You need to import your existing running configuration in the switch profile.

You can add a vlan with config sync in the port-channel, however the port-channel needs to have been created in config sync or imported from your configuration.

Here is the config-sync operation guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/operations/n5k_config_sync_ops.html

Hello

Thank you very much. It really helped

Also remember to use the following commands to check for the config-sync commands used:

“show run switch-profile xxx”

“show run include-switch-profile”