Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM GUI Error - Application Error

Hi All,

May I humbly ask for your urgent assistance.

We cannot access the DCNM GUI anymore, We get an application error everytime we try and access the system. However the Switch Device manager is working fine.

Please note that our DCNM is installed on a Linux RHEL 6 server. We rebooted the server however we still cannot access the GUI.

We are currently doing our zoning and zoneset activation via the CLI however the client requires the GUI to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the doc.

If the application does not start, then this is most likely a Java issue. We can see this as we are not able to load the SAN client. If you are trying to load the SAN client, then we actually provide a standalone SAN Client download with its own Java packaged up. You did not specify your DCNM version, so you will have to navigate to your version. You are looking for the San Client Package.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281722751&softwareid=282088134&release=10.1(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

In the package navigate to the bin directory to find the Fabric Manager (SAN Client).

You also stated your web interface is blank, this is indicative of the postgresql db needing to be vacuumed. Because it is blank, this indicates DCNM SAN service is running and accepting connections. You can do this with these steps.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/prime-data-center-network-manager-61/118414-technote-dcnm-00.html

If these steps do not resolve your issues, then its best to open a TAC case to do additional troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

DrPepper1234
Level 1
Level 1

Here we have a similar problem.

DCNM is configured to use Cisco ACS (TACACS). The "test" from the config page was fine.

Once server has restarted, I can't login anymore to DCNM GUI, but Java Client is ok.

One of my colleagues can login correctly to web GUI.

I think the problem is related to my password: it contains an & as special character.

For some reason DCNM probably sends the wrong character to the ACS, and login is denied.

Moreover, after a few attemps, my account gets also locked.

Branden Varney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It looks like this is kind of an old post. But for this type of issue it is helpful to provide the following.

The exact error and what you did to get the error?

What DCNM version are you running?

What changes were made prior to being locked out of the web ui?

If you are zoning, are you still able to zone through the SAN client? If not what is the error you get through this method?

Hi Branden Varney,

I have attached a summary of the errors we are still having on a word document below:

Please see attached. Hope the information is sufficient.

Thanks for the doc.

If the application does not start, then this is most likely a Java issue. We can see this as we are not able to load the SAN client. If you are trying to load the SAN client, then we actually provide a standalone SAN Client download with its own Java packaged up. You did not specify your DCNM version, so you will have to navigate to your version. You are looking for the San Client Package.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281722751&softwareid=282088134&release=10.1(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

In the package navigate to the bin directory to find the Fabric Manager (SAN Client).

You also stated your web interface is blank, this is indicative of the postgresql db needing to be vacuumed. Because it is blank, this indicates DCNM SAN service is running and accepting connections. You can do this with these steps.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/prime-data-center-network-manager-61/118414-technote-dcnm-00.html

If these steps do not resolve your issues, then its best to open a TAC case to do additional troubleshooting.

Hi Branden,

Thank you for the above;

Please note that I can access the below link:

however I cannot download any package and receive the following error:

Address Required Close

Error Thank you for registering with Cisco.com. In order to consume software or services we require your full business address. Please follow this link to return to profile manager to complete your profile.

I tried accessing the profile manager and completed my profile but still having issues.

Please assist.

Furthermore, please note that I have a job order scheduled for Thursday Night 12-01-2017 to vacuum the postgresql db. Hopefully Once that is complete we can atleast be able to access Cisco Prime (SAN Client) as specified above.

If you have put in your full business address it might take some time for the back-end system to update. Beyond this I am afraid I cannot help too much more in regards to your profile manager.

As for performing the db vacuum, please note that this is only to resolve the Web UI being blank issue, not to resolve access to the SAN client. I believe you are hitting two separate issues. One a Java issue and one a DB issue.

If the profile manager still does not allow you to download Cisco files, open up a TAC case with the DCNM team and we can make sure you get the packages you need.

Thanks,

- Branden

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your support thus far.

The client has an active contract with Cisco as such he managed to download the packages successfully.

I was under the impression that conducting the db vacuum procedure will at least give us access to the web client "Cisco Prime".

If I may ask, what is the purpose of doing the db vacuum?

Furthermore, with regards to the downloaded packages kindly advise if my step by step preparation for the  procedure on how I add the SAN Client packages to my current dcm config is correct:

1. Copy the SAN Client Package "bin" directory and its contents to the directory where dcm is installed? into the "fm" directory or "dcnm" directory?

cd /data/cisco/dcm

ls -ltr

drwxrwxr-x 12 root daemon 4096 Sep 10  2014 db
drwxrwxr-x 10 root root   4096 Sep 10  2014 jboss-as-7.2.0.Final
drwxrwxr-x  8 root root   4096 Sep 10  2014 smis
drwxrwxr-x  3 root root   4096 Sep 10  2014 java
drwxrwxr-x 11 root root   4096 Sep 10  2014 fm
drwxrwxr-x  9 root root   4096 Sep 10  2014 dcnm
drwxrwxr-x  2 root root   4096 Sep 10  2014 Uninstall_DCNM
drwxrwxr-x  2 root root   4096 Jan 14  2015 licenses

cd fm

drwxrwxr-x 4 root root  4096 Sep 10  2014 pm
drwxrwxr-x 5 root root  4096 Sep 10  2014 lib
drwxrwxr-x 3 root root  4096 Sep 10  2014 download
drwxrwxr-x 6 root root  4096 Sep 10  2014 help
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root   317 Sep 10  2014 install.conf
drwxrwxr-x 4 root root  4096 Sep 10  2014 reports
drwxrwxr-x 5 root root  4096 Sep  2  2015 conf
drwxrwxr-x 6 root root  4096 Aug 11 09:55 db
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root  4096 Nov  8 11:13 bin
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 12288 Jan  9 23:12 logs

cd dcnm

ls -ltr

drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 10  2014 add-ons
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 10  2014 ws-client
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 10  2014 ui-client
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 10  2014 lib
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 10  2014 config
drwxrwxr-x 5 root root 4096 Sep 10  2014 data
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov  8 11:13 bin

Thank you in advanced.

Not yet, still error.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: