cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete Cico HX-Cluster

lamsarr
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a HX-Cluster HX c240 M5 with 3 node (node1, node2, node3) they are no in production and I have not yet installed vCenter. My HX is interconnected by 2 UCS FI 6248up.

During installation I have choose 3 Replication Factor or I had to take 2 for my three nodes. Because with the  Factor 3 I lost on storage. Now I want change the replication factor of 3 to 2.

It’s possible to change it? Else how can I delete the HX-Cluster and start over the reinstalling cluster.

It’s possible to delete the HX-Cluster and reinstall it? If yes how can you give me the procedure to delete cleanly the HX-Cluster and I’ll take installation.

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi  Kirk J,

Thank you for reply.

I worked with the cisco TAC  and we reinstalled the Esxi (for recreated the cluster) via Node KVM Console and after reinstalled the cluster by choosing 2 on Replication Factor and my probleme is solved.

Thank,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using the factor of 2 is not recommended for production systems, as it is not as resilient.

From: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/UCS_CVDs/hyperflex_30_vsi_esxi.html

Replication Factor 2: For every I/O write committed to the storage layer, 1 additional copy of the blocks written will be created and stored in separate locations, for a total of 2 copies of the blocks. Blocks are distributed in such a way as to ensure multiple copies of the blocks are not stored on the same disks, nor on the same nodes of the cluster. This setting can tolerate a failure of 1 entire node without losing data and resorting to restore from backup or other recovery processes. RF2 is suitable for non-production systems, or environments where the extra data protection is not needed. HyperFlex stretched clusters use the RF2 setting, however there are 2 copies of the data kept in both halves of the cluster, so effectively there are four copies stored."

You will want to reach out to TAC as there are multiple levels of configurations that would potentially need to be cleared/cleaned up.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hi  Kirk J,

Thank you for reply.

I worked with the cisco TAC  and we reinstalled the Esxi (for recreated the cluster) via Node KVM Console and after reinstalled the cluster by choosing 2 on Replication Factor and my probleme is solved.

Thank,