cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

% Deleted all L3 config on interface Vlan on Nexus 7K (OS 5.1)

Parmanand Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I tried creating L3 on Nexus 7K & got message "% Deleted all L3 config on interface Vlan136" there was no existing vlan 136.

Is it standard behivour in Nexus ?

X7K01(config)#

7K01(config)# vlan 136

7K01(config-vlan)# name Dev-136

7K01(config-vlan)# exit

7K01(config)# interface Vlan136

7K01(config-if)# vrf member Ext

% Deleted all L3 config on interface Vlan136

7K01(config-if)# ip address 10.20.136.2/22

7K01(config-if)# hsrp 136

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# preempt delay minimum 180

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# priority 103

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# timers  1  3

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# ip 10.20.136.1

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# no shutdown

Regards,

PSP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

This is the standard behaviour when configuring an interface as part of an existing VRF. As per the Guidelines and Limitations section on page 6 of the Configuring Layer 3 Virtualization configuration guide:

VRFs have the following guidelines and limitations:

• When you make an interface a member of an existing VRF, Cisco NX-OS removes all layer 3 configuration. You should configure all layer 3 parameters after adding an interface to a VRF.

I may be wrong, but I'd imagine this is to ensure that configuration or addressing from one VRF could not accidently be introduced into a different VRF if you move an interface from one VRF to another.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

This is the standard behaviour when configuring an interface as part of an existing VRF. As per the Guidelines and Limitations section on page 6 of the Configuring Layer 3 Virtualization configuration guide:

VRFs have the following guidelines and limitations:

• When you make an interface a member of an existing VRF, Cisco NX-OS removes all layer 3 configuration. You should configure all layer 3 parameters after adding an interface to a VRF.

I may be wrong, but I'd imagine this is to ensure that configuration or addressing from one VRF could not accidently be introduced into a different VRF if you move an interface from one VRF to another.

Regards

Looks like you are correct, Thanks for your response !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: