cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS Server does not resolve new generic Top Level Domain names- CNR configuration issue?

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the correct community to post this question, but I will give it a try. I noticed that the users of my network cannot resolve web sites using new top level domain names, like ".education", ".international", etc. I have an internal DNS server made by Infoblox and a Cisco CNR v6.3.3.1 as an external DNS server. Infoblox uses CNR as its forwarder and CNR uses the root DNS servers for queries.

I would think that CNR was the problem because it is an obsolete product but after speaking with a fellow engineer at another organization where they still use an older version of CNR than mine, they have no problems at all. So now I am thinking it is a setting either on Infoblox, or on CNR I need to change. I can see Infoblox is forwarding the requests to CNR but that's about it. I am not sure if CNR is discarding the request. When I do an nslookup from a PC in my network it does not matter if I set my DNS server to be the Infoblox or the CNR. Neither resolves the URL.

Then again, no matter what I lookup using the CNR as my DNS, I only get a response with the root DNS names and IPs!

Any help is appreciated!

1 Reply 1

erics00011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Constantinos,

Have you taken a look at the infoblox community site?  We've just reposted your question there and alerted some internal SMEs that should provide a solution soon.  

https://community.infoblox.com/forum/ddi/dns-server-does-not-resolve-new-generic-top-level-domain-names-cnr-configuration-issue

Best,

Eric