cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ENCS-5408 (default-gw for mgmt & wan)

sendalot7
Level 1
Level 1

I have a "NFVIS" ENCS-5408 router whose WAN port is connected via /30 address.

Now, this device doesn't seem as intuitive as regular IOS where I set default route for different networks.

How do I set different default-gw so that both mgmt and wan routes are functional?

Thanks.

## Version ##

Cisco Enterprise Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure Software (NFVIS)

NFVIS Version: 3.6.2-FC3

## Current routes ##

system settings hostname nfvis
system settings mgmt ip address 10.70.0.50 255.255.255.0
system settings wan ip address 192.168.200.128 255.255.255.252
system settings default-gw 10.70.0.1
networks network wan-net
 bridge wan-br
!
networks network lan-net
 bridge lan-br
!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kiramasw
Level 4
Level 4

Few things to point out. 

1. ENCS is a x86 server and not a router.

2. NFVIS is the hypervisor that runs on this server which is not based on IOS-XE

3. You will need to deploy the router - ISRv as a VNF on it.

4. Because you are running a hypervisor on a server, you cannot assign an IP address directly to an interface. You can assign an IP address to a network on a bridge. 

Please have a look at the getting started guide to see how to can access NFVIS, set the IP address to it and how to deploy virtual machines/VNFs.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/nfvis/config/3-6-1/nfvis-config-guide-3-6-1/nfvis-config-guide_chapter_01100.html#id_20137

thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kiramasw
Level 4
Level 4

Few things to point out. 

1. ENCS is a x86 server and not a router.

2. NFVIS is the hypervisor that runs on this server which is not based on IOS-XE

3. You will need to deploy the router - ISRv as a VNF on it.

4. Because you are running a hypervisor on a server, you cannot assign an IP address directly to an interface. You can assign an IP address to a network on a bridge. 

Please have a look at the getting started guide to see how to can access NFVIS, set the IP address to it and how to deploy virtual machines/VNFs.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/nfvis/config/3-6-1/nfvis-config-guide-3-6-1/nfvis-config-guide_chapter_01100.html#id_20137

thanks

thank you for your time writing this.

Not a problem. If you need any help, let me know and we can connect offline to help you with this.