Views
Helpful
Replies

Equipment Cooling in kW

Lim Victor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How to we calculate the equipment cooling for the Nexus 5000 and Nexus 2000 series switches in kW?

I have seen the Cisco Power Calculator but it doesn't have Nexus 5000 and 2000. Also the heat disspation is in BTU/Hr rather than watts which is required by my customer.

Do i just get the BTU in the tech specs and convert it to watts using a converter?

http://www.borino.com/GYC/wattsbtu_calculator.htm

Based on the tech specs of Cisco 5596, the heat disspation is 75 BTU/HR. Am I right to say the 219.81watts whiich is 0.2198 kW?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

The Cisco Nexus 2000 Series design aligns with that of servers. It offers front­to­back cooling, compatible with data center hot­aisle and cold­aisle designs, all switch ports at the rear of the unit in close proximity to server ports, and all user­serviceable components accessible from the front panel. It also offers back­to­front cooling, with switch ports in front of the chassis, aligned with the cold aisle, for optimized cabling in network racks. The Cisco Nexus 2000 Series is built for nonstop operation, with redundant hot­swappable power supplies and a hot­swappable fan tray with redundant fans. Its compact 1­rack­unit (1RU) form factor takes up relatively little space, making it easy to incorporate into rack designs. The fabric extenders are available in several models to provide speed, connectivity, and port­density.Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders from Bottom Right to Top Left: Cisco Nexus 2224TP GE, 2248TP GE, 2248TP­E GE, 2232TM 10GE, 2232TM­E 10GE, 2232PP 10GE, and 2248PQ 10GE; CostEffective Fabric Extender Transceivers for Cisco Nexus 2000 Series and Cisco Nexus Parent Switch Interconnect Are in Front of the Fabric Extenders
The Cisco Nexus 2000 Series provides two types of ports: ports for end­host attachment (host interfaces) and uplink ports (fabric interfaces). Fabric interfaces, differentiated with a yellow color, are for connectivity to the upstream parent Cisco Nexus switch.