Views
Helpful
Replies

ERSPAN on nexus 5k

lukaszkhalil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am trying to configure an ERSPAN src on the 5k without the L3 daughter card. I try to follow the config guide, but I have a problem with defining the erspan source ip address. The only ip address I have is the ip address of the mgt0 interface inside the management vrf.

The problem is that inside the erspan-source config I am not able to enter any other vrf than the default (not the management one).

Thank you in advance for any help

Regards

Lucas

2 Replies 2

seemakha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lucas,

Even if the switch is in L2 mode (w/o L3 daughter card) you can create some SVI or a loopback interface and assign IP address to it.

Refer to this configuration example guide:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/113501-nexus
5000-erspan-config.html

Nexus 5000(config)#interface loopback1
Nexus 5000(config-if)#ip address 10.254.254.30/32
Nexus 5000(config-if)#exit

Let it be under Default VRF.

!--- Configure the ERSPAN global origin IP address
Nexus 5000(config)#monitor erspan origin ip-address 10.254.254.30 global

You do not require to use Mgmt0 interface for this purpose. Please let me know if this
works for you.

Thanks!

Seemab

lukaszkhalil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have already opened a TAC case for this problem, and a TAC engineer pointed that I had been missing, the "management" keyword inside the interface vlan configuration.

Without it my interface vlan, dedicated for the ERSPAN, did not want to come up.

Now everything works fine.

Regards

Lucas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: