Views
Helpful
Replies

HiperFlex error: Deploying Storage Controller VM on ESXi Host

Suport NUS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Have anybody faced this error during cluster expansion?

Deploying Storage Controller VM on ESXi Host
failed in Task: 'Configuring Network (Port Groups) for ESXi and Storage Controller VM' with Error: 'Configure networking script generated an exception: 'vmotion''

I'm getting this error for the three servers that I'm trying to add to the cluster. I looked through the ESXi log but don't see any error.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suport NUS
Level 1
Level 1

The problem was that we are using a Distributed Switch for vMotion for existing nodes and there was no vmotion standard vswitch, thus impacted by following defect as Hyperflex was unable to poll MTU for vmotion vswitch on the existing hosts.

Creating a standard vswich “vmotion” without any uplink adapters and also create a port group “vMotion” with no VLANs in this vswitch in all existing ESXi hosts in the cluster solved the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Suport NUS
Level 1
Level 1

The problem was that we are using a Distributed Switch for vMotion for existing nodes and there was no vmotion standard vswitch, thus impacted by following defect as Hyperflex was unable to poll MTU for vmotion vswitch on the existing hosts.

Creating a standard vswich “vmotion” without any uplink adapters and also create a port group “vMotion” with no VLANs in this vswitch in all existing ESXi hosts in the cluster solved the issue.