Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add Nexus 7702 to DCNM

Zsolt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm testing DCNM in LAN Fabric mode, and it works fine with Nexus 9K switches.

However, when I try to add a Nexus 7702 it drops an error: "Device S/N model N77-C7702 is incompatible". I decided to add manually, but it always shows the incompatible message. I deleted all VDCs put back the switch to factory defaults without any success.

I used POAP, and the DCNM gets the DHCP discovery, but it doesn't respond with an offer. 

I tried the following versions:

n7700-s2-dk9.7.3.3.D1.1
n7700-s2-dk9.8.2.3
n7700-s2-dk9.8.3.2

I use DCNM version 11.1(1) 

To me, it looks the Nexus 7700 isn't supported in DCNM? I haven't found any relevant documentation.

Is anyone faced a similar problem or can give me some advice about where to go next?

Thanks in advance.

Zsolt

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, 

Thanks for this doc. It looks like the 7700 familiy is supported, but the release note doesn't list the 7702 chassis in the supported hardware list which would mean this particular 7702 chassis isn't supported.

The last release note which lists the 7702 is version 7.2.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-data-center-network-manager/products-release-notes-list.html

Only one question remains in my head. Why is this the case? Is there any specific reason?

Thanks,

Zsolt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: