Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change a Cisco Prime appliance from Primary to Secondary in HA

simonprice1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have two Cisco Prime appliances deployed but during one of the install processes there was a problem during the HA configuration. The net result is I have two primary servers.

I am trying to create the HA configuration as the per the CP Administrator Guide through the GUI but keep getting the error:

Error: Server "IP Address" is a primary server. Can not register with another primary server. Please check server address.

The IP Address in question is the correct Primary server. The other primary is not because of the failed installed process.

How do you re-run the HA configuration script/cmd?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

SP

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/deployment_guide_c07-721232.html#_Toc363680267

Unless I'm missing something the doc does not tell me how to change an appliance set as a primary in a HA relationship to a secondary.

Can you show me in the doc where this is happening?

This discussion has been reposted from Additional Communities to the Cisco Prime Network Services Controller community.

tanghenry
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: