Views
Helpful
Replies

Identify / Document service paths

datacenter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys!

I've been searching a while for tools or a method to identify/document service paths within our enterprise environment.

Our managers are asking for visibility, they'd like to know where each critical service is passing through, in order to analyze the impact of a link disconnection, low performance etc.

As we have two datacenters with redundant infrastructure (FW, routers, links, etc), QOS and dynamic routing (IBGP and EBGP), we are facing some problems doing that "visibility work".

The result should look like this:

ERP

Gold Traffic

Datacenter 1

Link of Career X

Bronze Traffic

Datacenter 2

Link MPLS 1

I'd do that dynamically, so I'd probably need to log into and issue some commands (maybe on HQ and branch side) if I try to gather those info by myself (without using a tool).

If there's any tool capable of doing that close to perfection, I'd be glad to buy it :)

I see that this is not easy task, but maybe some of you have already been through it.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

1 Reply 1

datacenter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I know this is a pretty old topic, but still need help about it.

Our organization needs to have a realtime view of what is passing through each link/tunnel

I know that netflow tools can provide a historic, but we need it real time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: