cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import existing VXLAN evpn fabric into DCNM

siiiilky
Level 1
Level 1

As title, if I have a manually configured VXLAN evpn fabric, will this get all imported fine into DCNM if I add the devices?

2 Replies 2

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
I’ve run into issues with DCNM in the past if switch/route configuration is not blank it will erase the current configuration. This is supposed to be fixed soon. I would copy configuration and save to your computer before you try to import the device into DCNM

Branden Varney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you are asking about importing with the ability to modify the individual VXLAN VRFs and VNIs to then push the modified configuration down to the device? If so, that ability I believe is in the works and is not available as of 10.4.2. At the moment however, just discovering the device will not remove any configuration unless you deliberately push a configuration change.

After discovering the VXLAN configured device, you will be able to see the different VRFs and VNIs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: