Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Address Assignment for Cisco Switches and Nutanix

vanbrugh12345
Beginner
Beginner

Dear all,

I have a new project using Cisco 4500x as core switches and 2960x as access switches deployment, on the server & storage side, we will select Nutanix which will be connecting to the 4500x core switches. Now I need to planning IP address assignment, but I have no ideas how many IP address should be alloated to the Nutanix system. 

Actually, I understand number of IP address needed depending how many VM(s) will be created on the Nutanix system. In general, there are about 30VM(s) will be created. I need the information how many vlan(s) will be needed e.g. iLO, heart-bit, VM-motion, FT ..... etc. 

Is there any guideline I can refer to for the best practice design and implementation ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vanbrugh. 

1 Reply 1

Hi Vanbrugh,

Normally to start , we plan the ip address allotement by subnetting the IP address subnet allotted for DC like 10.234.0.0/16 and subnet these range into multiple of /23,/22,/24,/21 based on quantity of VM's and requirment.

Its always a thumb rule to have 5 yrs growth consedring making ip address availble in the same subnet.

what we pan based on the infrastructure divide the subnet for ILO for /24 , Heart beat with /30 subnets and VM Motion /29 with server vlan based on VM requirement may be /24,/23,/22.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers