Views
Helpful
Replies

KVM console connection Failed

raza.akram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Techies,

I have "Connection failed" issue while launching the KVM of Cisco UCS server "UCS C220 M3S"

CIMC version 1.5(4)

I am looking for useful suggestions to resolve this issue. I have performed the following steps but with no joy.

-  deleted the Java 1.6 and installed java 1.7.0_45 as per the release notes, but issue persist.

-  reboot CIMC but no changes.

-  try in Mozila and IE but no changes

- Uncheck the TLS 1.0 restriction in Java without joy.

BR

1 Reply 1

SriramVS62525
Level 1
Level 1

I tried a couple of fixes suggested across multiple blogs but nothing seemed to work out. However, I tried the following steps as a part of my own troubleshooting & was able to get the issue resolved. 

KVM Console is not Working

• Make a note of the service profile template the service profile is attached to.
  • Unbind the service profile template from service profile. Now you will notice the Change Management IP address option will get highlighted.
  • Click Change the Management IP address and choose static instead of esx-mgmt. Enter an unused ip address from the esx-mgmt pool. [Better to choose an ip address on the far range.] Eg:
    10.x.x.233
    255.x.x.x
    10.x.x.1.
    Click OK & close the Window.
  • Now when you launch KVM console, you will notice 2 options namely
    open KVM console with the given static IP or
    with derived IP address from the pool.
    you will be able to open KVM console with either of them.
  • Click Change the Management IP address once again & this time choose esx-mgmt instead of static and Click OK. Close the Window.
  • Check if KVM console is working again.
  • Bind the service profile back to the same service profile template & close.

Thanks ! ! 

Sriram V S