Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 Dynamic Routing OSPF Between Nexus N5K e N7K Double Side VPC

jsfsantos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a doubt in a Design to deploy Nexus N7K Core connect to Nexus N5K with Double Side VPC interfaces. I Want Run L3 Protocol between devices. Where I need learn in Nexus N5K routes from Nexus N7K.

How is the Better Design? I Can configure only SVI on all devices to stablish this OSPF adijacency or I need configure Isolated L3 connection without Double Side VPC.

Thanks,

N7K-01 -------------- N7K-02

|        \            /       |

|            \    /           |     Double Side VPC (Need L3 Routing Between Devices)

|             /  \            |     

|          /         \        |    

N5K-01 ------------- N5K-02

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The problem with design is that you cannot form routing adjacency over vpc peer link

In your case to get it working you need to use non vpc Vlan for L3 routing or use a saparte link for forming layer 3 adgacincy

In both case won't work with double sided vpc

Static route may work

You should either keep layer 3 at the n7k only with hsrp

Or use layer uplinks between the n5k and n7k to have it all ospf enabled

Hope this help

Hi Marwanshavi,

Thanks for rapid feedback. If I understood I can user Double side VPC between Nexus N7K and N5K to work L3 routing protocol.

To a better design you recommend configure peer L3 Routing between Nexus N5K and N7K where I will have for example N5K-01 with to peer L3 connections to N7K-01 e 02 and N5K-02 with other peer L3 connections to N7K01-02.

I will need create any L3 connection between N5Ks to form L3 adjancecy connection between them or I can user peer-link interface?

Thanks,

My suggestion to you is either

Place layer 3 on the nexus 7k

Or use layer 3 routed interfaces between the 5k and 7k

Because using dyanamic routing over double sided vpc is not supported and even if you try to get around it you will add complicity to your design

Hope thus help