cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N7 card compatibility

dmooregfb
Level 5
Level 5

Is a WS-X6748-SFP from my old 6509 compatibile with a Nexus 7009? I am working on building out the Nexus and cannot move the SFP card from the 6509 yet.

Thanks                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do not understand your question. Catalyst 6500 modules will not fit the Nexus 7000.

Regards,

jerry

View solution in original post

I just want to clarify a little more here:

1) The Catalyst 6500 modules do not physically fit into the Nexut 7000s.

2) The Catalyst 6500 modules can work with the Nexus 7000s if you are using the correct connectors and ports (matching speed, media, etc.).

Regards,

jerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do not understand your question. Catalyst 6500 modules will not fit the Nexus 7000.

Regards,

jerry

Thanks for the reply Jerry.

I was told by our vendor and Cisco that the WS-X6748-SFP card from the 6509 would transfer to the Nexus 7K. Making it compatible with the Nexus.

I use this card on the 6509 to handle all my fiber connection back from our access switches throughout the building.

I could not find a compatibility matrix backing up the vendor or Cisco's claim; hence why I am posting here..... I currently have another module (same type) connecting 4 x 1GB fiber trunks to a Nexus 5548.

Thanks

Dave

I just want to clarify a little more here:

1) The Catalyst 6500 modules do not physically fit into the Nexut 7000s.

2) The Catalyst 6500 modules can work with the Nexus 7000s if you are using the correct connectors and ports (matching speed, media, etc.).

Regards,

jerry

Thanks for the information Jerry!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: