Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Feature in NX-OS 7.0(3)I7(2)

Hello,

Can anybody  confirm that I understand good the next lines: "Beginning with Cisco NX-OS Release 7.0(3)I7(2), the Multi-Site border gateway allows the co-existence of Multi-Site extensions (Layer 2 unicast/multicast and Layer 3 unicast) as well as Layer 3 unicast and multicast external connectivity. " and this means that I can implement these two feature together between two sites and it will interchange unicast and multicast data between two sites?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, if you can get a DWDM link or a ptop connection that will work. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5

What are you trying to design? Will you be deploying a VxLAN EVPN network?

I actually have two DC conected thgough MPLS with VXLAN EVPN in each site. What we need is interconecting these two sites with Fiber for avoid using MPLS for traffic between these two DC for unicast and multicast traffic. Is possible with this new version?

Yes, if you can get a DWDM link or a ptop connection that will work. 

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
Sorry know I read the same link, so basically you can have networks outside the VXLAN EVPN network to be reachable. So think of it this way you have a VxLAN EVPN network on the edge of your network and routes for internal hosts such as servers will be exchanged through MP-BGP to the other side and tracked when moved. This is becoming a very popular design with my customers for DCI connectivity.

This is a pretty good Cisco Live session that goes over it in greater detail.
https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library/?search=VxLAN%20multi-site#/session/1485287126714001glI3

Thanks for recomended video! It's usefull but didn't respond my question bacause don't touch limitation of this type of implementation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: