Helpful
Replies

Nexus 1010 HA Error

prasad.gsmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

While I bring Up Secondary Nexus 1010 I am getting this error on primary

Error in getting supervisor and internal state of other supervisor.

sh redundancy status
Redundancy role
---------------
      administrative:   primary
         operational:   primary

Redundancy mode
---------------
      administrative:   HA
         operational:   None

This supervisor (sup-1)
-----------------------
    Redundancy state:   Active
    Supervisor state:   Active
      Internal state:   Active with warm standby

Other supervisor (sup-2)
------------------------
    Redundancy state:   Standby

Error in getting supervisor and internal state of other supervisor.

On the redundant (standy ) unit I am getting this message

%SYSLOG-2-SYSTEM_MSG: Did not receive supstate notification in 180 seconds. Still waiting

What could be possible reason ? can this be a firmware mismatch ? Both are having same configuration for management control and packet vlan. Both are on same L2 network. If I disconnect the standby unit management cable, it will boot. But if management cable is connected, it will be stuck in the above phase.

regards

Prasad K

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sprasath
Level 1
Level 1

Prasad,

This means that there is some sort of a communication issue between the two Nexus 1010 switches in the control VLAN. You should probably check the upstream configuration on the ports that connect to the 1010 links carrying the control traffic and also the links involved in the control path.

Thanks,
Shankar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sprasath
Level 1
Level 1

Prasad,

This means that there is some sort of a communication issue between the two Nexus 1010 switches in the control VLAN. You should probably check the upstream configuration on the ports that connect to the 1010 links carrying the control traffic and also the links involved in the control path.

Thanks,
Shankar

You are right, The control vlan was broken in the path. But Now VSM (inside this 1010) is giving same error. It is set in L3 mode. The control vlan is 1. Does the N1010 tags control vlan 1 also. My upstream switch uses vlan 1 as native. it looks like there is some issue for HA using vlan 1.

If you some comment please share,

When N1k is in L3 mode, the control & packet vlans should be blank.  You may need to 'no control vlan x'.

N1010 does not accept native vlans in the default configuration.  Native vlan can be assigned in SP1(4)+

conf t

int

native vlan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: