cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3064 at the aggregation layer - thoughts?

colin_cashin
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

About to start a new project and looking at 10G ToR and considering options for aggregation. Initially will have 10 racks but should be able to scale up to 4x/5x.

Am thinking 3750E-48TD as ToR (dual member stack with 10G uplink from each member to dual agg switches). Racks will be densely packed with 1U servers - guessing 38 servers per rack - dual NIC - so run NIC teaming up to ToR stack.

I'm trying to decide on agg switch - this will be collapsed agg/core until scaling is needed when core layer will likely be deployed. Was considering 4900M and running 12 x 10G (10 to ToR) and having 1G Copper module for connection to edge/border network. This doesnt scale well when moving to 4 or 5x current requirements as new pair of 4900Ms needed for each additional 10 racks.

My question is has anyone used the Nexus 3064 for aggregating 10G ToRs? I know its costly but leaving that aside anyone see any reason not to? Planning on running L3 at ToR and having all uplinks as routed.

Or does anyone have any suggestions for the agg platform? Space is key here so I'm looking to avoid chassis solutions (45xx, 65xx, 70xx etc).

Cheers

-C

1 Reply 1

colin_cashin
Level 1
Level 1

Ah... just found https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2101381 which covers this.

Any other feedback very welcome though...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: