Replies

Nexus 5600 QoS

yk21com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to apply QoS scheduling using 8 classes per interface in the nexus 5672

As far as I know , Nexus 5600 have 8 queues per port

So in the ingress port, I want to apply  COS mark using 8 class-maps and policy-map type qos

but I don't understand why I must apply "set qos-group" in the policy-map

and then in the egress port, to schedule the bandwidth for each class-map 

I applied class-map and policy-map type queueing

but in the class-map, there is only "match qos-group", qos-group has only1~5 value

so how to apply bandwidth percent for 8 each class-map in the policy-map per port?

is it impossible?

please let me know that reason and how to do that

Thank you

1 Reply 1

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Youngkwang,

Nexus 5600 QoS

Set qos-group command is used in order to configure one or more qos values to match on for classification of traffic into this class map , in nexus 5k it supports upto 5 qos groups.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/qos/b_Cisco_Nexus_5000_Series_NX-OS_Quality_of_Service_Configuration_Guide/Cisco_Nexus_5000_Series_NX-OS_Quality_of_Service_Configuration_Guide_chapter3.html (

Step 4 switch(config-pmap-c-qos)# set qos-group qos-group-value

Configures one or more qos-group values to match on for classification of traffic into this class map. The range of qos-group-value is from 2 to 5. There is no default value.

Note   

The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series switch can only support a maximum of five qos-groups within this range.

)

You can apply bandwidth shaping globally or per interface and can apply to both input and output traffic.

https://keepingitclassless.net/2012/11/qos-part-2-qos-and-jumbo-frames-on-nexus-ucs-and-vmware/(The remaining task is to apply these policies to either a specific set of interfaces, or globally to all interfaces. This depends on the type of policy being used. Policies of type “network-qos” can only be applied globally. Policies of type “qos” can be applied globally or to any interface, but only applies to input traffic. Finally, policies of type “queuing” are what really provides the most “QoS-like” features like queue scheduling and bandwidth shaping; these can be applied globally, or per-interface, and can apply to both input and output traffic.)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card