Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5k and 10G Base-T

BEN ROBINSON
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We have a 5596UP and would like to do copper 10G to a couple of our servers. I just want to confirm this is not an option on the 5596UP except with the use of a 2200 10G FEX. Please advise. Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ben,

That's correct. There is a 12-port 10GBASE-T module, but this is only supported on the Nexus 5596T so of no use to you with your Nexus 5596UP switch.

This is certainly true up to the current latest release of NX-OS for the Nexus 5000 series switches, and I've not seen anything in terms of roadmap to suggest this module is to be supported in the P or UP based switches.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ben,

That's correct. There is a 12-port 10GBASE-T module, but this is only supported on the Nexus 5596T so of no use to you with your Nexus 5596UP switch.

This is certainly true up to the current latest release of NX-OS for the Nexus 5000 series switches, and I've not seen anything in terms of roadmap to suggest this module is to be supported in the P or UP based switches.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: