Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7010 and N7K-M132XP-12L

darren nixon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've tried installing a N7K-M132XP-12L blade into our Nexus 7010 , but it's reporting the following issue.

%PLATFORM-2-MOD_PWRIDPROM_SW_CARD_ID_UNKNOWN: Module 7 failed to power up. (Unknown card. Could not get software-card-id)

The Nexus is running NX-OS 5.0.(3).

I,ve checked the system messages, but doesn't seem provide a solid solution.

Error Message     PLATFORM-2-MOD_PWRIDPROM_SW_CARD_ID_UNKNOWN: Module [dec] failed to 
power up. (Unknown card. Could not get software-card-id) 

Explanation   The module cannot be powered up due to missing SWID in core-plugin for thiscard ID.

Recommended Action   Enter a 'show platform internal all module [decimal digit]' and 'show module internal all module [decimal digit]' 'show sprom module [dec] [dec]' to read module IDPROM contents to collect more information.

Are there any know issues , or compatibility problems using these XL cards rather that the N7K-M132XP-12, which is happily running in another slot on this Nexus.

Thnx

3 Replies 3

The module you are running requires a minimum software version of 5.1.
You are currently running 5.0.3 which is why the module is not
recognized.

Below is a link that explains this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9402/data_s
heet_c78-605482.html

Product Specification
Table 3 lists the specifications for the Cisco Nexus 7000 32-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Module with XL Option.
Table 3. Product Specifications
Item

Specifications

System

Product compatibility

Supported in all Cisco Nexus 7000 Series chassis

Software compatibility

Cisco NX-OS Software Release 5.1 or later (minimum requirement)

You would need to upgrade you software.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Muhammed M

Thnx, I thought this might be the case. The vendor delivered the wrong card by mistake ; should have been the non-XL version.

Hi Darren,

Hope your issue have been totally resolved. I would request you to click on the answered button if you think that the answer is useful so that it will also help others to verify the same.

regards

Muhammed M