Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7010 hw design with VDCs. Doubts.

Marcofbbr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just completed reading the best practices for fabricpath and vPC+ and now I should create my first network design with Nexus devices..

If you take a look at the attached picture, you will notice that I divided each Nexus chassis in two virtual switch(VDC): one for core and the other for distribution. DIstribution layer will run Fabricpath and vPC+.

My initial idea was to use a dedicated M1+F1 card  for each VDC. Then I decided to increase redundancy on the distribution VDC stealing some ports from the core M1 card(for the L3 interchassis connection) and some from the F1 (for vPC+ peerlinnk), assign them to the distribution VDC and splitting the vPC+ peer-link and L3  port channel on both the M1  and F1 cards.

In terms of benefits, in case M1 module in slot 3 fails , no convergence is required for the routing protocols  . Moreover the peerlink is working on two distinct cards, so the possibility of losing the peerlink (and all member links) is reduced.

I am not sure this type of VDC fragmentation is supported by the way. In case it is possible, do you think this is a good idea?

Please comment

THanks

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: