Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K 5K Equivalent command to "show mls cef exact-route"

bb782p
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I realise that Nexus 7K uses NSF instead of CEF, and the "show forwarding" commands alow one to look into the forwarding table entries (ex. "show forwarding route").  This appears to show similar outpute to the "show mls cef exact-route" command on a 6509 running IOS however not as comprehesive and I cannot supply a source and destination.  On the 5K series the "show forwarding" command is completely absent.  I have found the "show mls cef exact-route" command to be extreamly usesful in troubleshooting and I wanted to know if there is a specific equivalent on NX-OS on the 7k and 5k.

I have already tried a bunch of reseach and simply playing around with different command options, however I have yet to find as comprehesive of an equivalent command.  Any help here would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Brent Boghean

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Brent
For CEF, there is no direct comamnd on nexus 7k switches.
However, following commands provide similar information (some of them may be hidden and will not auto complete).

sh routing hash src_addr dst_addr
show system internal forwarding route addr module ingress_mod detail

HTH,

Alex

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Brent
For CEF, there is no direct comamnd on nexus 7k switches.
However, following commands provide similar information (some of them may be hidden and will not auto complete).

sh routing hash src_addr dst_addr
show system internal forwarding route addr module ingress_mod detail

HTH,

Alex

Thank you very much.  This is definitely "better" than what I was trying.  Neither command is exactly the simplified output that the old cef related commands would spit out.  However I did find the "show system internal forwarding route addr module ingress_mod detail" command provided me the SCR and DST MAC Addr, which you could them look up under the "show mac address-table" command to find out what interface that it was being learned on and sent to.  So not quite as streamline, however this could be due to the differences and nature of NSF to CEF.

I do appreciate the quick response, and looking forward to using these commands when a trouble requiring them arises.

Thank you also, Brent.

Regards,

Alex