Helpful
Replies

Nexus QoS

mkhalil10
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

I have Cisco Nexus 5K , am in the process of deploying auto qos on my devices

I did not find the command auto qos voip trust under any interface , even in the features did not find anything related to what am looking for

As well , the automatic generated commands under the interface did not exist (which are listed below)

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 35 5
 priority-queue out
 mls qos trust cos
 auto qos trust

Any ideas?

Thanks

BR,

Mohammad

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey Nexus by default trust and carry dscp markings there is no auto qos but if you want to manipulate the default queuing see this link , you can also create class/policy maps

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/qos/b_Cisco_Nexus_5000_Series_NX-OS_Quality_of_Service_Configuration_Guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_5000_Series_NX-OS_Quality_of_Service_Configuration_Guide_chapter_011.html

Thanks Mark for the kind reply

So , If I connected two switches via trunk and configured auto qos voip trust

And one of the switches is connected to the N5K and configured it with the same command and left the Nexus port to its default , that should work?

Thanks again

BR,

Mohammad

Hey If its an uplink on the switch side use auto qos trust dscp this will cover layer 2 and 3 uplink , if it does not support auto qos on the uplink use mls qos trust dscp, some platforms with pos do not like auto trust configured under them

The nexus side should carry the markings by default, you can confirm by capturing some packets using span or epc , then check your voice packets are set with EF and are carried through each switch to confirm  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card