cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus2K - NLB teaming two server on single switch

dmooregfb
Level 5
Level 5

I have a Microsoft Exchange 2012 cluster setup with two servers. CAS01 and CAS02. Each has a pair of interfaces to Nexus2k (same switch). I have setup vPC for each server pair and then setup a NLB address.

Problem is when bringing up the CAS02 on the PC, it is unable to ping the CAS01 server or get Internet access but can be seen by other devices in the network. If down one of the CAS02 interfaces, able to ping CAS01 and regain Internet access. This leaves the server unable to join the NLB.

I am attaching a diagram that has port configuration on the NEXUS5K/2K

Any help would be appreciated!

--Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Plus 5 for answering your own question and taking the time to provide the answer in the forum.

Perhaps you could mark the question as answered as this wil help others find the solution if they encounter the same problem.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dmooregfb
Level 5
Level 5

Problem resolved:

Discovered that IP PIM Snooping was turned on during a recent software test which caused the Mail Servers NLB cluster to go offline.

To correct the problem,

Changed the NLB Cluster on the CAS01/02 servers to be IGMP Multicast.

Changed the 6509 ARP statement to reflect the multicast mac address (for routing purposes)

Change the 7K statement to also reflect the multicast mac address

Then added an IGMP Querier to the VLAN 36 network because there was no IP PIM enabled on the interfaces (layer3).

Whew....

Hope someone else can learn from this mistake.

Hi,

Plus 5 for answering your own question and taking the time to provide the answer in the forum.

Perhaps you could mark the question as answered as this wil help others find the solution if they encounter the same problem.

Regards

How do I mark as "answered"?

There should be a "Correct Answer" button in the post as shown in the Support Community Help section.

Remember to mark your answer as the one that's correct

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: