Views
Helpful
Replies

Object creation logs in ACI

rohandec1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

How can i find object creation logs in ACI. I am trying to find when a particular object (EPG, VRF etc) was created.

I tried audit logs but this lists only changes made to an object.  The "events" tab also doesnt list anything.

Regards

Rohan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rohandec1980 

I do not think the version is the problem - I am running 3.2 train release as well. 

I believe that the creation log was overwritten if the object was created long time ago. In the end, there is a configurable limit of preserved logs. You can modify it in Admin > Historical Record Policies > Controller Policies > Controller Audit Log Retention Policy  and increase the value of Maximum size (records).

If you create a new EPG, do you see the creation log?

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Rohan,

wasn't sure so just checked myself.

Couldn't find a thing..
Was looking through the files via CLI,
even there in the summary-file for a MO, you just see a field "modTs" which is the timestamp of the last modification.

Nothing found on when objects were actually created..

Sorry
Juls

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @rohandec1980 

You should see the creation event in the Audit logs

create.jpg

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Thanks a lot Segiu, Juls.

I cannot see object creation logs under Auditlogs. Auditlogs only show modification to an object. I am running 3.2(1m) code,

Is there any modification/configuration required to default auditlogs setup for it to start recording events related to object creation?

Regards

Rohan

Hi @rohandec1980 

I do not think the version is the problem - I am running 3.2 train release as well. 

I believe that the creation log was overwritten if the object was created long time ago. In the end, there is a configurable limit of preserved logs. You can modify it in Admin > Historical Record Policies > Controller Policies > Controller Audit Log Retention Policy  and increase the value of Maximum size (records).

If you create a new EPG, do you see the creation log?

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hi Sergiu

You are right, i see the logs for new EPG creation in auditlogs.

Regards

Rohan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: