cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV Convergence Times During OTV VDC Failure

darrendmiller
Level 1
Level 1

When a VDC that is primary AED fails we have found that it takes 10 seconds or more to fail over to secondary.  In addition to the outage created by the intial failure an additional AED preempt takes place creating a second outage.  With that said we are looking for documentation that explains how to shorten our convergence times.  If we are able to get the convergence times low enough then the second outage would not be as much of a problem.  If we cannot shorten the covergence times we would like to disable preempt of AED and fail back during a controlled window of time. We have a default configuration for ISIS and have not adjusted any timers.  If anyone has any configuration suggestions please respond.

Nexus 7010

NX-OS 5.2(3a)

N7k-SUP1

N7k-M132XP-12L

OTV Multicast Deployment

Darren Miller

2 Replies 2

Balaji K
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Darren,

i think this would depend on the is-is hold timer. we could try reducing it, but i am not sure if it is recommended.

-balaji

ngtransge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Darren,

Did you find solution for you problem. With second failure during AED preemption ? I have NX-OS 6.2(12) and observing same problem, but with longer failures times. In my case I have about 5-10 min outage, till connection is tabilized.

Thanks in advance,

San