Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV data center Configuration

Mahmoud Bakri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys ,

I am encountering  a question for my Exam that I am not able to get a correct answer.

I need your help please . I will post it below :

You have configured both pairs of Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches for OTV redundancy between data centers. Which of the following OTV configuration elements will prevent the Overlay interface from forwarding traffic if it is not configured?

A.

restart otv-isis

B.

otv stp-synchronization

C.

otv site-identifier

D.

otv vpn-name

I am confused between  B & C .

If someone could provide the correct answer as well as explanation . I would be grateful.

Regards ,

Mahmoud

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mahmoud,

As per the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/OTV/config_guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_OTV_Configuration_Guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_OTV_Configuration_Guide_chapter_011.html#task_12F938CA9F6F41D09E595DA784A33A7A

• Ensure the site identifier is configured and is the same for all edge devices on a site. OTV brings down all overlays when a mismatched site identifier is detected from a neighbor edge device and generates a system message.

So C looks to be the correct answer here.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mahmoud,

As per the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/OTV/config_guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_OTV_Configuration_Guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_OTV_Configuration_Guide_chapter_011.html#task_12F938CA9F6F41D09E595DA784A33A7A

• Ensure the site identifier is configured and is the same for all edge devices on a site. OTV brings down all overlays when a mismatched site identifier is detected from a neighbor edge device and generates a system message.

So C looks to be the correct answer here.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: