cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV support on Nexus 31108TC-V

Mark Mattix
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, Could someone help me determine if OTV is supported on the Nexus 3K line of switches, specifically the 31108TC-V? I do not see the 3K line in the Cisco featureset navigator. Thanks a lot for your help!

*Update* Heard back from my Cisco rep OTV is not supported on the 3K line. Can anyone recommend a type of DCI technology that's supported on the 3K line? 

1 Reply 1

Jaime McGauley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

The Nexus 3100 series isn't intended for DCI purposes, from the data sheet it is "It is well suited for data centers that require cost-effective, power-efficient, line-rate Layer 2 and 3 Top-of-Rack (ToR) switches."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-3000-series-switches/datasheet-c78-736608.html

The 3100 series is a great option of many tasks just not this one in particular. The work of joining two or more data centers would need to be accomplished by another device or by your service provider. A site to site layer 2 link would take care of the task, or some device that will handle layer2 traffic encapsulation on each end.