Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Participant

Prime Infrastructure 3.1 error Collection Status Details Trap Receiver Registration : Bootstrap procedure is null or empty.

We have deployed PI 3.1.6 and in the Inventory > Device Management > Network Devices section we have a device that shows a Collection Failure stating Bootstrap Procedure is null or empty. Various google searches haven't provided anything definitive. Some point to an error in the configuration archive. Since we have had this error the configuration is still being collected. Has anyone successfully resolved this issue?e

ej

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Sounds similar to https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw06103/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Have you tried deleting and re-add the device as a workaround?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Highlighted

Yes, then it just tells me the device is unreachable and won't add it.

I have to go back and figure out why it's not pinging.

Double check snmp settings etc...

ej

Highlighted

I removed the device and added it back with no change. I did some other house keeping and then tried adding it again. I got the same ICMP unreachable error but left it alone. A while later I checked and it was added with the last inventory collection set to completed and admin status was set to "managed".

Seems to be recognized.

This device is on the other side of the FW on the perimeter which is why pings (icmp echo) is denied.

ej