Views
Helpful
Replies

QSFP Link Problem

scott_lerner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We have two N7700 and two N5600 switches.

I tried to connect switches as below diagram with   40GBASE-CR4 QSFP Twinax Cables (QSFP-H40G-CU2M).

N7K-1 ------ N7K-2

|                            |

|                            |

N5K-1 ------ N5K-2

Now, the link between two N7Ks and the link between two N5Ks are up. But The link between N7ks and N5Ks are down.

I have replaced the cables between switches several times.

Need your valuable inputs on this to fix this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Scott,

Sure, I do believe that.

"Not supported" does not mean it does not work, and if by chance it works today, it means you have to expect it willl not work tomorrow, or after the next firmware upgrade (or between 2 different platform, like you have here).

Honestly, I don't think it competes with the 200$ to replace with CU3M...

Remi Astruc

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately the answer is quite simple. 

QSFP-H40G-CU2M is not supported on the mentioned platforms, but only on C9400 as of today.

Go for the 1M or 3M version.

Remi Astruc

Dear Remi Astruc,

Thanks for your kind attention. as I mentioned this cable is work between two n5k or n7k.

Best Regard 

@Remi Astruc wrote:

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately the answer is quite simple. 

QSFP-H40G-CU2M is not supported on the mentioned platforms, but only on C9400 as of today.

Go for the 1M or 3M version.

Remi Astruc

Dear Remi Astruc,

Thanks for your kind attention. as I mentioned this cable is work between two n5k or n7k.

Best Regard 

Hi Scott,

Sure, I do believe that.

"Not supported" does not mean it does not work, and if by chance it works today, it means you have to expect it willl not work tomorrow, or after the next firmware upgrade (or between 2 different platform, like you have here).

Honestly, I don't think it competes with the 200$ to replace with CU3M...

Remi Astruc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: