cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SVI in HSRP not able to ping between N7K Pairs (Directly Connected)

Rajeev Payal
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have two Data Center Zones which are connected from two pairs of nexus 7018 (See Diagram).

Both N7K Pairs have Cris-Cross Connectivity by Long Haul SFPs. All these Links in both N7K Pairs are in a single Port-Channel with same vPC.

Now, we ahave passed a VLAN from Port-Channel & created SVIs in  both N7K Pairs (All four N7Ks in total) with HSRP running between same Zone SVIs.

Like:

DC1:

interface vlan10

VRF XXXX

HSRP version 1

HSRP Group 1

DC2:

VRF YYYY

interface vlan10

HSRP vesion 1

HSRP Group 2

The IPs for SVI 10 is a /29 subnet (all in same subnet).

But when i try to ping SVI of any one Zone from other Zone, I get "Destination Host Unreachible"????

vPC Domain numbers in both Zones are different at least in N7K Switches. And in between same Zone N7K, I have configured VPC-PEER command only.

Kindly help me as I want to have reachibility of SVIs, further I need to extend some more Internal Zones.

I am new to vPC, kindly help in detail please.

4 Replies 4

Rajeev Payal
Level 1
Level 1

Please help.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

your design a bit confusing, because I can't see where is L3 in your network has to be

anyway if you plan to have one HSRP group across the two zones/domain in this case yo need to have the active and standby in one DC/Zone and the third and forth HSRP will be in the other DC/zone in listening mode ( not dose not forward )

other option is to have differnt group number in each DC/zone, using same subent and differnt VIP in each Zone

in this case you can have the active and standby local to each DC/zone on each N7K pair

hope this helps

HI,

We are trying to have II Option.As i have mentioned in my ist post, we have different Standby Group Numbers in each DC/Zone & we use same subnet (/29) with different VIPs in each DC/Zone. The SVIs in each Zone/Group are in different VRF.

But i am unable to ping other Zone VIP or SVI IP , i don;t know why? also there is no ARP entry for other Zone as well.

What am i missing?

I will paste the Config i done tomarrow.    

if they are in differnt VRFs you can not ping

but if the inter switch is L2 for same vlan they you can

are you using ping with source VRF ? as normal ping will use the global routing table

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: