cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDLD Globally Configured

MGStickler
Level 1
Level 1

If the udld feature is enabled in the admin vdc (vdc 1), does that mean that it is enabled on every fiber interface in a N7K?

It seems like it is now possible to configure it on each vdc and each interface. Is that true? It all seems poorly documented and the show commands seem confusing. Is it just me?

3 Replies 3

Derek Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think "feature udld" will enable the udld feature in current VDC, but not for all VDC since each VDC run individual software process.

Once the feautre enabled, you could check the "show uldld" for each interface in the current VDC, should enable the udld on all interfaces in this VDC by default.

But for other VDC, you still need to enable for the interfaces in that VDC.

Thanks. I thought this was the case. Have you noticed that if you do "feature udld" only in the admin vdc (vdc id 1) that if you go into any other vdc and do a "show feature" it will say "udld disbabled"? I think this is misleading because it implies that no 10Gbps fiber port in the current (non-admin) vdc is NOT using UDLD.

I can't find a command to "show" if a particular interface is using UDLD. Is there such a command?

prasad.gsmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By default all hte 32-Port 10G modules are enabled with UDLD normal mode. The function will be activated when you give feature udld command. In interface level you can selectively disable if you wish. Alo aggressive mode configuration is done on per interface basis

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/if_basic.html#wp1872496

with regards

Prasad K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: