cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to discover device in DCNM

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

I have 9k series Nexus switches added to DCNM. Everytime I make a change let's say change ip or something, seems like all the devices added go to "unreachable/red or grey state". I click rediscover and it still is not green/normal reachable state. Any ideas guys?

3 Replies 3

Branden Varney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What changes specifically do you make and where do you make them?

Changing something such as the mgmt IP of the device will cause the reaction you stated.

Yes that is exactly what I did. Seems most times it comes back on its own after few minutes.

Now problem I am experiencing is error when attempting to "Save and Deploy". Any ideas? Do you happen to have any good documentation for programming a fabric with DCNM version 11?

So I figured out is was global creds within DCNM.

Right now I am trying to configure things so it has a good flow and was wondering if you could give a little advice in regards to VXLAN..

So let' say I have the following:

Network ID:50500

Network Name: Test_50500

VRF Name: TestVRF_50500

VLAN ID: 500

SVI IP: 172.16.50.1

Is this a good practice so things can be remembered better?

Where I am troubled, what subnets  to people usually use for vlans abouv 255 because obviously know octect can be 256. What if it is vlan 1200 or 10200?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: