cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPLS AND OTV

s.kafashzadeh
Level 1
Level 1

hi . I want run otv on 7613 router .....but i dont know is it posible or not ? and if it is posible which line card i must add to my router

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

OTV is only on Nexus platform as far as I know.

You can run VPLS on 7600 routers. 

Thanks 

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue 

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Good Day

Do you know which is the problem of run VPLS if my client  have network inestabilty and send storm broadcast? In which manner this affect the SP MPLS network.

Regards

Wilson

Hi

Under PW (pseudowire), you can do some storm control.

However I will recommend to solve this issue before moving forward because those broadcast could be propagated over your VPLS network and affect other sites.

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Cisco has two main products that currently support OTV: Cisco Nexus® 7000 Series Switches and Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers.

Although the features, scale, and convergence times continue to improve, following are the minimum requirements to run OTV on each platform:

• ●  Cisco Nexus 7000 Series and Cisco Nexus 7700 platform:

• Any M-Series (Cisco Nexus 7000 Series) or F3 (Cisco Nexus 7000 Series or 7700 platform) line card for encapsulation

• Cisco NX-OS Release 5.0(3) or later (Cisco Nexus 7000 Series) or Cisco NX-OS Release 6.2(2) or later (Cisco Nexus 7700 platform)

• Transport Services license

• ●  Cisco ASR 1000 Series:

• Cisco IOS® XE Software Release 3.5 or later

• Advanced IP Services or Advanced Enterprise Services license

Hope it Helps..

-GI

A Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN) enables service providers to carry multiple network services over a single converged network using Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). MPLS L2VPN extends the Layer 2 domains in data centers. MPLS can be used to connect branch offices to back up data centers and also to interconnect multiple data centers in the same organization.

L2VPN services using the MPLS/IP core can be divided into two categories: wire and LAN services. The Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS) provides point-to-point service between two customer edge (CE) devices over the provider core. The Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) provides point-to-multipoint service between multiple customer sites using a mesh of point-to-point pseudowires over the provider core to emulate a LAN between the sites.
please check below link for more info ;-
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/mpls/configuration/guide/mpls_cg/mp_l2vpn_vpls.html.