cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 vty password not working

pinnacledata
Level 1
Level 1

A weird thing has been happening with the past few Catalyst 2950 switches we have ordered... we are unable to telnet into them because the password is invalid. Has anyone else experienced this? We are using the same configuration as always (see below), but when you try telneting to it, the vty password we configured it with does not work. IOS is 12.1(22). Here is how the switch is configured:

line vty 0 4

password cisco

logging synchronous

login

line vty 5 15

password cisco

logging synchronous

login

We are able to hook a console cable up and hyperterminal in just fine, but telnet does not work. We are able to connect, but the password cisco is not accepted. Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not really we are using 12.1.22 ea2 and have seen no problems telnetting into the switches . Any possibility that you have an invisible space after cisco or something like that .

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not really we are using 12.1.22 ea2 and have seen no problems telnetting into the switches . Any possibility that you have an invisible space after cisco or something like that .

You are a genius!! I thought about a space before the password, but not after. Not sure why, but that did not occur to me. That was the answer, I am in now!! Thank you, thank you!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card