cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3500XL and GBIC

TheatreGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Have 3548XL, 3524XL and 3512XL. They are all to be used in different buildings and would like to connect them using fiber. The 3548XL talks to the 3512XL just fine but have something configured wrong with the 3524XL. The LED's show that they are connected but there is no data. Looking at the port state shows that it is up. What else should I be looking for?

7 Replies 7

Hello,

can you post the configuration of the respective Gigabit interfaces ? Are you using the Gigastack GBIC ? You could try and replace the fiber cable, and see if that makes a difference. One of the fibers in the cable might be damaged, you can check if both transmit and receive strands are working correctly by doing the following:

Connect both transmit ends of your fiber cable to the GBIC, the GBIC should indicate a connection when the cable is ok. Do the same with the receive ends.

Also, try to reseat the GBICs...

HTH,

GP

Thank you for the response, GP. I will be back in the office on Monday and get the config info.

TG

rgullem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi TheatreGuy,

One possible problem maybe a VLAN not included on the STP forwarding and not pruned.

Check the ports used and the VLAN/s where it included in to. Then, check the STP dorwarding state by issuing the command, show vlan.

Hope this helps,

Yannox

Hi,

There could be vlan mismatch between the 2 gig ports. The best way will be post the config for the gig ports pf the 2 swicthes in concern.

Regards,

Ankur

Thank you for the suggestion. I will get back to you on Monday when I get a chance to look at it again.

TG

do you find solution, i have same issue on our 3524XL GBIC port, i have setup gigabit port as trunk and allowed dot1Q encapsulation, on other end I have Motorola asw200d switch and it has vlan 200 on data and dot1q encapsulation by default.The LED's show that they are connected but there is no data.

can anyone help

thanks

do you find solution, i have same issue on our 3524XL GBIC port, i have setup gigabit port as trunk and allowed dot1Q encapsulation, on other end I have Motorola asw200d switch and it has vlan 200 on data and dot1q encapsulation by default.The LED's show that they are connected but there is no data.

can anyone help

thanks

Duplicate post:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2123018?tstart=0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: