cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3524xl-EN Console issue

outriggen
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys looking for a little advice here. I have 2 cat3524xl's and a 3550. I recently did something to the IOS that makes the switch not display any output to the console port. Not sure what I did but even doing the reset as instructed in the Cisco docs by holding the mode button foe 2 seconds after boot. I get the flashing green light but still no output. All POST tests pass according to lights so I tried different cables and all baud rates with no change. I hoocked switches back up in lab and can see them in CDP neibors but do not know how to access them from there as they have no IP assigned to them. Remember this is two of them with exact same issue. any advice would be appriciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Ben,

Lets try once again from beginigng:

Start Hyperterminal :

If you yre using XP OS then you will find here : Start>All Programs>Accessories>Communications>HyperTerminal

then Connect to Right port(Com1 or....)

and use this Com port settinmgs:

9600 baud

8 data bits

1 stop bit

No parity

None (flow control)

and then switch on the power of  CAT 3550.

Let me know the update:

Regards

Please rate if it helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Ben,

Lets try once again from beginigng:

Start Hyperterminal :

If you yre using XP OS then you will find here : Start>All Programs>Accessories>Communications>HyperTerminal

then Connect to Right port(Com1 or....)

and use this Com port settinmgs:

9600 baud

8 data bits

1 stop bit

No parity

None (flow control)

and then switch on the power of  CAT 3550.

Let me know the update:

Regards

Please rate if it helps.

OK this morning I took a fresh look at everything. I found that for some unknowen reason using my serial to USB converter was preventing output. It works with all other devices but by just using serial connection to old computer it works fine...dont understand but at least it is working. Thanks for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: