Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 & duplicate multicast flow

palomacasimir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one 3750 with the SMI version and need to duplicate a Multicast flow twice without any routing feature. Is the SMI version sufficient ?

I have about 400 Mbps of incoming payload .

I already created a trunk with .1Q encapsulation.

Thx

4 Replies 4

szahid
Level 3
Level 3

You can have multicasting in a single vlan so long as you have an IGMP querier in the vlan. When you enable multicast routing and PIM on a vlan interface , the querier functionality becomes available , but since you have SMI switch and cannot run Mcast routing or PIM , you can just enable IGMP querier . IGMP querier feature is in SMI codes starting from 12.2(25)SEA

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225sea/3750scg/swigmp.htm#wp1187873

And as long as your end host supports IGMP , this config should work . If they do not support IGMP , you may have to add manual entries to enable the multicast flow forwarding.

thanks

Salman Z.

Thx for your reply

In fact, just before the 3750 i have a product generating Multicast flow (with a Vlan tag - up to 100 IP Multicast so 1 IP = 1 vlan_id).

For the configuration, i only created a trunk (with .1Q encapsulation) on the Giga incoming & on both Giga outputs and added extended vlan range. It's a really simple application to duplicate 2 flows.

Therefore, i understood the configuration should be working with the SMI

By default, IGMP querier is enabled ?

Thx again

Best regards,

IGMP querier is not enabled by default.

thanks

Salman Z.

Just to be sure with my configuration. Could you confirm me if it will be working with SMI ?

I have attached a file with the configuration.

Of course, i did not enter the vlan because the device before the 3750, already create the vlan

Thx

Have a nice day