cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Accounting Problem!!!

xujing
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a large network for my ISP customer. We use cisco router for the VPN and PPPoE server or gateway, use the cisco ACS 3.3(win2003) for the AAA service.

We found a problem:

If we power off the ez-vpn server (cisco router) or PPPoE Server, the router will not send the aaa accounting stop information to the ACS server. So the ACS system will lost the session stop accouting information, so we also can not caculate the whole time for these abnormal connection. I want the ACS system can find the lost connection service, just stop these dead-accouting automaticly and finish the dead-accounting, after some pre-defind timeout attributes.

Would you pls give me some idea!!!

Thx a lot!!!

1 Reply 1

cmayhew
Level 1
Level 1

Depending on your config, if you are doing stop accounting it will not send a packet if it does not see a proper call completion. If the line is dropped or the router shuts down the call completion is not completed so the accounting file is not sent. Hope this helps..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: