cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a second low budget ISP to existing internet

ethan12345
Level 1
Level 1

hi Everyone, not sure what the best solution is to add cheap internet bandwidth. Right now I have a 3750 stack as our core switch. On the core switch I have 2 VLANs. One VLAN is for WAN and one is for LAN. The WAN VLAN has our internet router, and the outside interfaces of two ASA's set up as failover. The LAN VLAN has everything else, including our MPLS router for the remote offices. Execs are cheap and want to increase internet bandwidth by purchasing a local home internet service like COX or Time Warner cable to add to our Business internet service with TelePacific which is a bonded T1 at 3 meg. Execs dont seem to care about SLA's and simply will not spend big dollars to increase the pipe.  I was looking at those Mushroom Networks appliances but its too expensive for us also. Anyone out there know of a way to add additional low cost bandwidth with out current setup? Maybe prefer to keep important internet traffic to the SLA circuit, and then put low priority traffic to the cheap non SLA cable modem if possible. Please advise,

thanks,

Ethan

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any decent Cisco router can do that. Configuration is better done by a proven expert, to avoid frustraion and loss of time and .

we have access to only our ASA's and core switch stack. The internet router is controlled by the ISP

As mentioned, you need a router for that. You can place it between the ASA and the Internet.

ok we may be able to buy one. What kind of router and how do we implement that solution ?

That depends on the speed and type of the circuits. To implement, you need a someone that is at least Cisco certified.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: